03 January 2007

New Scrapbook Counts (Thanksgiving and Viriginia Trip)

Yesterday I got my Thanksgiving Scrapbook up-to-date. I started it last year in Luxembourg. With all the trouble we were having to organize a "traditional" American Thanksgiving, I wanted a way for us to focus on what we were thankful for, to put the emphasis on thanksgiving instead of on the food. So I had everyone write down what they were thankful for on one page, and I intended to put a picture of the kids (out in the snow we had for that Thursday) on the opposite page. So this year, I finally remembered to print out that picture, and put it in the book, and I also put in some other pictures. A few weeks ago, I had asked everyone to write again what they were thankful for now, and I added a picture for this year.

Last year in Luxembourg we were thankful for things like beds because we had been so long without. It was interesting to look back and see how things had changed. I'm glad I started this new traditional last year, and I'm looking forward to continuing it.

The girls and I started a new book of our field trip to DC and Virginia in September. The girls (mostly) worked on the pictures from the DC zoo.

And . . . I finally got some work done on my European vacation to Spain and Italy.

So my current counts:

Completely finished: 18
Finished except for minor touches: 2
More than half-way completed: 1
Started but less than half-way completed: 10 (5 are joint with the girls)
Completely empty albums reserved for new projects: 8

I hope to have the European vacation book completed fairly quickly. It's fairly easy to document everything from my notes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home